This guide will walk you through on how you can interact with our protocol implementation using our KyberWidget. The most common group of users that can benefit from this guide are vendors and websites.
This guide teaches you how to implement a swap pop up widget to enable the users of your platform with the ability to purchase any tokens.
Things to note
- The widget generator is not mandatory for use; it merely provides a quick way to specify the required parameters and settings.
- The button's text, title, and CSS style can be changed if desired
- You can add multiple buttons into a page for multiple functionalities
Configuring the KyberWidget
- Open https://developer.kyber.network/docs/WidgetGenerator/ in a new tab.
Swapunder Widget Type and
Popupunder Widget Mode fields.
- Enter your callback url into the Callback URL field which will be called after the transaction has been broadcasted, like the example below.
- Under the Network field, select the network to run the widget on. It is recommended to do some testing on one of the testnets first like
Ropstenfirst prior to running it on
- Enter the default pair in the Default Pair field, like the example below.
- Enter your wallet address in the Commission-receiving Address field to receive some of the fees as commission. Find out more about platform fees here.
- Enter the commission fee percentage (in basis points) in the Commission Fee field. For example,
- Lastly, if there are parameters to be passed into the callback function, input them into the Extra Params field.
- Once that is completed, click on the HTML Source button.
Add the stylesheet
In thetag, add the tag as shown in the source code. Refer to the example below.
<head> ... (some code in head) <link rel='stylesheet' href='https://widget.kyber.network/v0.8.0/widget.css'> </head>
Add the js script file
Before the end of thetag, add the tag as shown in the source code. Refer to the example below.
<body> ... (some code in body) <script async src='https://widget.kyber.network/v0.8.0/widget.js'></script> </body>
Add the KyberWidget code
<body> ... (some code in body) <div> <a href='https://widget.kyber.network/v0.8.0/?type=swap&mode=popup&lang=en&callback=https%3A%2F%2Fkyberpay-sample.knstats.com%2Fcallback¶mForwarding=true&network=ropsten&commissionId=0xbDd33F411DA0B40018922a3BC69001B458227f5c&commissionFee=25&theme=theme-emerald' class='kyber-widget-button theme-emerald theme-supported' name='KyberWidget - Powered by KyberNetwork' title='Pay with tokens' target='_blank'>Swap tokens</a> </div> <body>
Once this step is completed, you can serve up your website and the KyberWidget button should appear as implemented.
Unlocking Wallet in Widget
If your application has its own wallet, it is recommended for the
New Tab or
Popup option to be used as the widget mode, so that the widget is able to detect the web3 instance.